Big props to the folks up north in Forsyth County. They came out in force on a Tuesday night anddrained a SweetWater firkin in about 40 minutes. That is basically just over one pint every 30 seconds. Impressive indeed. Let's see what we can do tonight in East Roswell with this IPA. Here is the remaining calendar for these great SweetWater casks. Read through it, and then see some of my comments afterwards.
- Wed. 6/19 East Roswell-- IPA with orange, grains of paradise, Cascade, Chinook, Summit & Citra hops. TONIGHT!
- Fri. 6/21 Chattanooga-- Brown Ale with cardamom, cocoa & orange peel.
- Tues. 6/25 Huntersville-- IPA with orange, grains of paradise, Cascade, Chinook, Summit & Citra hops.
- Wed. 6/26 South Park-- Brown Ale with cardamom, cocoa & orange peel.
- Fri. 6/28 UNCC-- Imperial Stout with mint, lactose & cocoa.
- Sat. 6/29 Mall of GA 2:00 pm- IPA with orange, grains of paradise, Cascade, Chinook, Summit & Citra hops. LAST CHANCE to try this beer!
- Sat. 6/29 Duluth 5:00 pm-- Imperial Stout with mint, lactose & cocoa.
- Wed. 7/3 Cumming-- IPA with grapefruit, apricots, orange & rosemary.
- Fri. 7/5 Windward 5:30 pm-- Brown Ale with cardamom, cocoa & orange peel. LAST CHANCE to try this beer!
- Fri. 7/5 Old Milton 7:00 pm-- Porter with chicory, vanilla & cocoa.
- Sat. 7/6 Crabapple 4:00 pm-- Imperial Stout with mint, lactose & cocoa. LAST CHANCE to try this beer!
- Sat. 7/6 Woodstock-- Porter with chicory, vanilla & cocoa. LAST CHANCE to try this beer!
- Wed. 7/10 Suwanee-- IPA with grapefruit, apricots, orange & rosemary. LAST CHANCE to try this beer!
For maybe the last time this month, I want to remind everyone that the tap time is 6:00 pm, unless otherwise noted. I added a helpful reminder next to each of the last casks of each flavor/style. If you are seeking these rare and unique, never-to-be-seen-again credits, that should help you figure out when it is really crunch time. One of those chances is coming up in about 10 days, and it is in the middle of the afternoon, so it is kind of tricky. Stay on your toes people. You may also notice that we have more than one cask on three separate days. Take a look at 6/29, 7/5 and 7/6. I am trying to help people consolidate their movements, and have a nice variety in each geographic area. Why do I do it that way? Because I care. I care about the busy beer lover who wishes there were more hours in the day and days in the week to drink more and more beer. I am here to help by making some days so jam packed with excitement, that when it's over, it feels like two days, not just one.
But don't think for one second that we are done here. Oh no, there are four casks to be tapped at Metropolis in July. On four consecutive Tuesdays, here is what you are going to get:
- Abita English Mild on July 9th.
- Duck Rabbit Brown Ale on July 16th.
- Abita Naughty Crumpet on July 23rd.
- JailHouse somethin' or other on July 30th. The guys at JailHouse are whipping up something special for us, we just don't know what it is yet.
How, you may be asking, can you keep all of these events straight? I mean, it's not like you can just sync these things right to your calendar or something. Or can you? Soon...very, very soon...there will be...oooh...wait for it...wait for it...an app for your phone that does just that and more. That's right, for the low, low price of nothing you can have your very own Brewniversity app for your smart phone. It slices, it dices, it removes stains, it paints your house, it gets your teenagers out of jail! Well, OK, it does none of those things, but it does a lot of other cool stuff. It will send beer events to your calendar. It will help you find beers you never had before--by store location!--and more importantly, it will do it accurately. You don't need all of the techie details, but just understand that it works. Lost your card? Who cares? Your phone will know your Brewniversity number! Are you enjoying a particular beer so much that you just have to tell someone about it? No problem, the app lets you share your thoughts through different media. In short, it will take longer to tell you what it does than to tell you what it doesn't do. It is currently being tested by Apple, followed by Google, and when they are done with it and it is approved, it will be available to you. Think roughly four weeks, and that is about right.
Feel free to spread the word about any and all content you have just read. I am Fred The Beer Guy, and I approve of this message.